ORY Sites is a website builder written in React. It does not require any programming experience and works like a static site generator. It is visually engaging, intuitive and has great user experience.
ORY Sites combines the power of open source tools such as Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla, with the usability of cloud-based website builders such as Squarespace and Wix - while taking away the pains of either two approaches. Not having to set up MySQL, FTP and constantly resolving security issues means the entry barrier is much lower than with popular open source website solutions. Other cloud-based website builders make it intentionally hard to move away from, do not work while you're offline and have questionable approaches to handling your data.
ORY Sites is different.
- Host your website anywhere.
- There's no need to worry about security issues
- Software and plugin updates are automatic
- All your data can be kept on your local device.
- You can work from anywhere at any time - offline!
- Edit html, css and create your own designs and plugins (soon).
- Benefit from an open source ecosystem and enrich your website with popular plugins, and designs (soon).
The minds behind ORY have been running the Wikipedia for Learning for close to a decade, with the goal to engage individuals around the world to make their knowledge and themselves visible. We want to make it easier for everyone to create content online but stay independent at the same time.
As a result, we built the ORY Editor, an open source technology for creating engaging content using a visual and easy approach. On top of this technology we present: ORY Sites - our next generation website builder.
If you are interested in our other popular open source solutions, check out ORY on GitHub.com.